Revised: March 5, 2020
Ohio Southeast (also referred to as “OhioSE”, “us”, “we” or “our”) is committed to safeguarding the privacy of those who use our website. OhioSE seeks to ensure its high standards for data privacy extend to everyone who uses our website from any place in the world, and that this policy is simple and clear to understand.
OhioSE will not sell, rent, share or otherwise disclose your personal data to anyone, except as necessary to provide our services or as otherwise described in this Policy, without first providing you with notice and the opportunity to consent.
Who Does This Policy Include?
• Individuals (also referred to as “users”, “your” or “you”) who visit our website.
Who Does This Policy Exclude?
- OhioSE’s website is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. As such, we will not knowingly collect personal data from any person under the age of 18.
Types of Data OhioSE Collects, Stores And Uses
- Job title
- Company name
- Company address
- Company phone and fax numbers
- Mobile telephone number
- Email address
- Internet protocol (IP) address
How This Information Is Used
- To build marketing profiles
- To aid strategic development (e.g. If OhioSE advertises on weather.com, we track when you click on OhioSE’s website from that site. If OhioSE does not get any traffic from weather.com, we may stop advertising on weather.com.)
- To audit usage of the website
- To track whether users open emails from OhioSE
- To receive periodic mission-related communications from OhioSE and the OhioSE Network.
On the OhioSE website, you now have to opt-in to cookies. Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user’s experience more efficient. Applicable law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of our site. For all other types of cookies, we need your permission.
- Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions such as page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
- Preference cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, such as your preferred language or the region that you are in.
- Statistic cookies help website owners understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
- Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites and for remarketing efforts. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third-party advertisers.
- Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
To view specific cookies our site uses, see the cookie declaration chart below.
We will collect and process your personal data only when we have 1) your consent to do so; 2) an agreement in place with you or your company; 3) a legal obligation to do so; 4) another legitimate business interest or 5) to protect your vital interest or that of another person.
Please note your consent is for OhioSE and its sales and marketing vendors, and the JobsOhio Network (JON) and their sales and marketing vendors. The JON is comprised of the six independent regional partner organizations: REDI Cincinnati, Team NEO, Dayton Development Coalition, Regional Growth Partnership, Columbus 2020, and OhioSE. OhioSE has agreements with each of these entities that are compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Where we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where OhioSE relies on a legitimate interest to process your personal data, such as an agreement with OhioSE, you have the right to object. Your rights also include the right to access, correct, update, export or delete your personal data. You may email email@example.com with any request, and we will respond within 30 days. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, if you exercise your right to be forgotten your personal data will be deleted from OhioSE’s systems, and you will receive written confirmation of the deletion. OhioSE will also notify the JON and OhioSE’s vendors of your request and direct them to also delete your personal data.
OhioSE may disclose your information to business partners or third-party data processors in accordance with a properly-executed court order or as otherwise required by law. OhioSE will fully cooperate with law enforcement or a court order requiring it to disclose the identity or usage details of any user of our website.
OhioSE vendor collects information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include your computer’s IP address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
OhioSE has commercially-appropriate measures in place to ensure user information is protected against unauthorized access or use, alteration, unlawful or accidental loss or destruction. We also have systems in place to authenticate, monitor, audit and encrypt your information. Nevertheless, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee that information in our care will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others. It is important that you protect against unauthorized access to your account information and your computer.
Transfer of Data
Using the Internet to collect and process information about you may involve the transmission of data internationally. Therefore, by browsing OhioSE’s site, you acknowledge and agree to the processing of your information in this way. By agreeing to OhioSE’s transfer of your information to third parties, you are deemed to have consented to any transfer of your information to a third party that OhioSE works with outside the European Union.
If you have any questions about OhioSE’s GDPR compliance or data privacy, or would like to submit a request related to your data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.