Wood & Paper Products
Ohio is the #1 state for wood furniture manufacturing and our region is home to coveted Appalachian Hardwoods. The OhioSE region has over 30 billion board feet of standing timber with over 400 million board feet of hardwood harvested each year. The hardwood and paper products supply chain is well developed with logging, sawmills, kilns, stave mills and specialized trucking operations across the region.
The region is a center for furniture, barrel, hardwood flooring and paper manufacturing. Manufacturers have found great success with the OhioSE region’s abundant and high-quality labor. Nearly 60 sawmills fuel many of these operations. An excellent four lane highway system across the region links together the supply chain to get manufactured products to market.
OhioSE Hardwood Industry Facts
- Wood products manufacturing is driven by a workforce 4x more specialized than the national average.
- The industry added over $900M into the region’s GRP.
- In Southeast Ohio, the industry employs over 7,500 people.
- Average annual wages are 10% below the national average and up to 25% lower than nearby metro areas.
- The Ohio Wood Products Directory is a searchable database of companies throughout the wood products supply chain.
Top Wood & Paper Products Related
Businesses in OhioSE
Pixelle Specialty Solutions
Chillocothe Ohio, Ross County
Ohio Valley Veneer
Piketon Ohio, Pike County
Appalachian Wood Floors
Portsmouth Ohio, Scioto County
Speyside Bourbon Cooperage
Jackson Ohio, Jackson County
McDermont Ohio, Scioto County
Millersburg Ohio, Holmes County
Bergholz Ohio, Jefferson County
Bowerston Ohio, Harrison County
Charm Ohio, Holmes County
Berlin Ohio, Holmes County
Schlabach Wood Designs
Baltic Ohio, Coshocton County
Haessly Hardwood Lumber
Marietta Ohio, Washington County
Wellston Ohio, Jackson County
McArthur Ohio, Vinton County
Zanesville Ohio, Muskingum County