Covid-19 Business Resources
At OhioSE, we are committed to staying informed about COVID-19, how it affects business in the region and keeping you updated about the protocols, programs and services available. Updated: Friday, 1 May 2020 at 4pm.
- The Main Street Lending Program is a program established by the Federal Reserve to support lending to small and medium-sized businesses that were in good financial standing before the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Press Release: Resumption of Paycheck Protection Program
- CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief & Economic Security) Act for Small Business: A Guide
- Small Business Paycheck Protection Program
- Paycheck Protection Program Info Sheet (Borrowers)
- Paycheck Protection Program Info Sheet (Lenders)
- Paycheck Protection Program Application
- Paycheck Protection Program FAQs
- SBA Personal Financial Statement
- SBA Lenders and Loans: these are only banks that have closed recent SBA loans and NOT a complete list of SBA lenders. Please check with your lender first as new lenders are being SBA approved.
- SBA (Small Business Administration) Disaster Loan Assistance
- Updated Info: SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan Process provided by Ohio University SBDC
- Are you a business who applied for the Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) prior to 3.27.20? The CARES Act was signed on the 27th, which provide additional assistance for small business owners and non-profits, including the opportunity to get up to a $10,000 advance on an EIDL which may be available even if your EIDL application was declined or is still pending, and will be forgiven. Visit SBA.gov/Disaster as soon as possible to learn more and to complete a new, streamlined application.
- USDA COVID-19 Federal Rural Resource Guide
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Combating the Coronavirus and the Save Small Business Fund
- CDC Resources for Businesses and Employers
- US Department of Labor Coronavirus Resources
- US Department of Labor: Wage and Hour Division has pages up for questions about how this emergency affects both the Fair Labor Standards Act and the Family and Medical Leave Act. They are working to provide information on labor and employee relations relating to wages and employment as COVID-19 continues to create challenges in the workplace.
- OSHA Guidance for Prepping Workplaces for COVID-19
- IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
SBDC Video Resources:
- Resources provided by local SBDC, created by their peers in Dayton region. Click here for coverage/county and contact information in the OhioSE region.
State of Ohio:
- JobsOhio, Peoples Bank and First Federal/Home Savings Bank announced a partnership to support existing small business clients with maintaining operations and payroll during the COVID-19 pandemic. JobsOhio has committed up to $50 million to assist with this. For information on how to apply for this lending support, businesses should visit PeoplesBancorp.com/Coronavirus, First-fedbanking.com/COVID-19 or Homesavings.com/COVID-19.
- JobsOhio’s new Ohio Safe. Ohio Working. Resource page provides COVID-19 information for the state including economic updates, Ohio PPE information and JobsOhio program support/resources
- RepurposingProject.com is spearheaded by the Ohio Manufacturing Alliance to fight COVID-19. Governor DeWine recently announced this project as a collaborative public-private partnership tasked with coordinating efforts to provide health care workers and first responders the personal protective equipment (PPE) they need to safely care for patients. If manufacturers have the capability to produce any of the in-demand PPE supplies, please visit RepurposingProject.com.
- Ohio Manufacturer’s Association (OMA) COVID-19 Resource Page that includes Federal, State, and Industry sections, along with an Information section that features recent calls conducted by the OMA
- Ohio Development Services Agency (ODSA) Office of Small Business Relief
- OMA Alliance to Fight COVID-19 which features a link to PPE critical supply list
- Governor DeWine is requesting that all Ohio manufacturers with the capability of shifting operations to produce Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) to do so. Find the list of needed PPEs here.
- Ohio Department of Insurance: order has been issued by Lt. Governor for employers to take care of their employees’ health insurance during the state’s shutdown due to COVID-19 coronavirus. It also give employers a two-month grace period to pay insurance premiums to their insurance providers. Details under the tab, Insurance and Coronavirus COVID-19.
- Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation: Ohio BWC will allow businesses to forgo payments in March, April and May, and defer payments until June 1, leaving an estimated $200Million in the state economy. Read details on BWC website.
- Ohio Department of Commerce
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- ODJFS Coronavirus and Unemployment Insurance Benefits
- Liquor Buy Back (for impacted bars & restaurants)
- Appalachian Growth Capital (AGC) (small business lending)
- COVID-19 Job Search Resources for job seekers and businesses
- ODJFS SharedWork Ohio (a way to equally cut back worker hours and allow unemployment compensation to fill the gap)
- SharedWork Ohio PDF Guide
- Support Local Business website launched by USA Today that allows visitors to support local businesses during the COVID-19 crisis by listing them in the database and pre-purchasing goods/services via gift cards
- TechCred provides reimbursement for business upskilling of employees through a select list of verified skill development programs. Keep employees engaged from home and grow workforce knowledge with this program.
Public Health Updates:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
- Ohio Department of Health (ODH)
- ODH Information for Screening Employees for COVID-19
- ODH COVID-19 Myths Vs. Facts
- State of Ohio COVID-19 Dashboard
Utilities & Service Providers:
- Columbia Gas of Ohio– suspending non-payment shutoffs
- AEP Ohio – suspending non-payment shutoffs
- Charter Communications– free access to Spectrum Broadband and Wi-Fi for new, student households
- South Central Power Company– response to COVID-19
- ODSA Energy Assistance Program Application
Webinar & Calls – Info Sharing Resources:
- Ohio Manufacturer’s Association (OMA) Call Recordings